SIS has considerable experience in providing digital x-ray solutions for the inspection of heavy, large or high density components. Our solutions cover energy ranges from 1 MV to 15 MV and, in general, we use the Varian Linatron products for the x-ray source. We supply the complete design for the x-ray enclosure, component handling, linear accelerator’s (Linac’s), high energy imaging detectors and imaging/ PLC control software. We also supply high energy equipment to upgrade existing x-ray cells for Digital Radiography and Computed Tomography.
Each concrete x-ray enclosure design is subjected to 3rd party detailed structural design to provide fully validated structural calculations and construction detail. Our Project Management team oversees the on-site works during the construction of the x-ray enclosure.
Our in-house design team has the capability to provide detailed designs for x-ray cells. Typically we provide the following:
- Internal and external layout of the facility
- Radiation safety calculations for concrete and lead (Pb) thickness
- Motorized access doors & cable labyrinth design
- Motorized, double doors for conveyor systems entry/exit
- Lighting, ozone extraction and emergency stops
- CCTV cameras, shielded from radiation damage
- Radiation safety and lock-up systems (SALUS)
We supply a range of x-ray detectors, fully shielded for high energy use and fully integrated into our ‘iX-Control’ software. Our custom hardware controls the Linac pulse rate and gates it’s output.
- Our SIS ‘LSXI’ high energy detectors (up to 1m x 1m area)
- Perkin Elmer XRD Series flat panels
- Varian Paxscan high energy flat panels
- iX-Control software for image interpretation and storage
SIS designs custom manipulators & conveyors for component handling. Our systems are designed to withstand the high radiation levels typically found in these applications:
- Conveyers in/out of the x-ray cell for fast component load/un-load
- Horizontal and vertical manipulators for shells, missiles, bombs etc
- Jib cranes/winches for component load/un-load
- Heavy duty turntables for imaging large castings, rocket motors etc